Boyd Wealth Management is an independent SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm. We are looking to add an experienced Retirement Plan Specialist to our team.
Retirement Plan Specialist
The Retirement Plan Specialist has experience working with Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit plans and will manage the firm’s qualified retirement plan business.
- Ongoing management of retirement plan business
- Proactive Plan Management
- Identify plan design enhancement opportunities (auto-enrollment, safe harbor, profit sharing, cross testing with a Cash Balance Plan, etc.)
- Recordkeeper and TPA searches, reviews, benchmarking
- Assist plan sponsors and participants with their day-to-day needs
- Prepare and distribute periodic/quarterly updates in conjunction with the investment team
- Stay current on regulatory and legislative developments. Communicate updates with plan sponsors as needed.
- Conduct virtual/onsite participant education and enrollment meetings
- Participate in Trustee/Plan Sponsor meetings
- Participates in the selection of new team members
- No sales or business development responsibilities
- High level of personal responsibility
- Has management abilities to oversee the enhancement and implementation of firm qualified plan operational processes and procedures
- Possesses a passion to help team members and clients
- Direct communications
- Reliable, follows through on commitments
- Strong process and planning orientation
- Goal-oriented, task driven
- Enjoys being part of the team
- Designs efficient systems, seeks productivity
- Balances team’s needs with goals of the firm
- Ability to delegate to the right team members when needed
- Positive and outgoing
- Five to seven years of experience managing qualified retirement plans.
- College Degree – major in finance or business preferred.
- Professional Designation (or ability to obtain within 12 months).
- QKA, QPA, CPC, FSEA, APA, APR, CFP, AIF, etc.
- Strong general technology knowledge.
- Understands the Qualified Retirement Plan business from initial plan implementation to annual servicing requirements
- Knowledge of Recordkeeping and TPA systems and processes
- Advanced knowledge of investment reporting and analysis providers such as Fi360, Orion and Morningstar.
- Full knowledge and utility with Microsoft Office and the internet and its protocols.
- Exceptional communication abilities, both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of CRM software, Salesforce preferred.
- Experience working with Recordkeeping Platforms (for example: John Hancock, Empower, Ascensus, etc.)
- Sacramento area preferred, but not required.
- Salary and bonus compensation based on experience.
- Health and long-term disability insurance after a 90-day probationary period.
- 401(k)/Profit Sharing Plan after one year.
- We offer a flexible work environment.
Please send all resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: "Retirement Plan Specialist".